Popular Posts

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Some poems written on a bus..

 These are pretty basic, but i quite like them, only edited slightly, as sometimes i feel that the mood of a poem can be ruined by over-editing..  

Excalibur

I see, I see
These awful shadows
company

An End, the dark
comes too fast,
free at last

Further further
Stuttered gasp
shaking her

The cast
holding in
Her sin, her last

Achilles

A lessened blow by hardened fist
around me, feelings, meaningless,
No effect from vicious pries
Yet heel that stings in sharp moonlight

Drowned almost, by mothers care,
Made stubborn, tough, always aware,
My instincts honed, with piercing blade
A child brought up to die, or fight

Sailed to war for fool kings pride,
Loyal men risking suicide
The face that launched a thousand ships,
brought death and woe, abyss.

Giftwrapped

I liked my chest,
it was a present.
Handed down through my family,
a thousand thousand years
(or so it seemed)

It never closed.
Yet hidden in shade,
and in the smallest corner,
that's where our hope arose
(glimmering in night)

No comments:

Post a Comment