Popular Posts

Wednesday 13 June 2012

"summer"

In inverted commas, because its not really? is it? or are we supposed to expect this level of beautiful weather? I got woken up first thing this morning by the lovely inability to breathe properly, and today hasn't really been productive since then. I'm not sure exactly where I want to be right now, or what I want to do, and really hate braincrushing days (they're annoying) so I thought i'd have a rant :D

 over now, don't worry

But anyway, as my course has now officially finished, and i've gotten into the Uni I wanted to go to, so i'm off to York to study English next year, which is mildly terrifying, despite being very exciting at the same time. I'm going to try and re-energise my blog a little bit, which means i have to sift through some of my old work and decide which bits I want to post, and also to attempt to create some new stuff and do some editing.

promise..

Well, as a medium for this, I like the idea, it gives me something to do, and I sorely need it right now. Finishing should be exciting, but i'm gonna miss everyone i've made friends with over the past year, and all my old friends as well! There's a certain degree of apprehension and hesitation that I can't quite put my finger on, like there's something missing. Now I have an idea what i'm going to be doing for the next three years (plus some, if i do a PGCE or a masters), I just need to find something to do over the summer to keep me occupied. After constant stress over the last 8 months or so, the lack of anything particularly urgent in my life is a bit weird.. no deadlines until october, no reading list yet, so i've got to actually make myself work on projects, short stories and poetry along with trying to brush up on my classics! Any suggestions for books to read will be muchly appreciated, although i've got a hell of a big reading list and pile of literature to get through myself!

I'm sure i'll figure it out, as soon as my brain stops being a bastard..

Much Love,

Henry xx

No comments:

Post a Comment